Pastor of Worship and Creative Arts
First Free Church is a 140 year old, multi-generational congregation affiliated with the Evangelical Free Church in America (ECFA) located 12 miles from downtown Pittsburgh, PA in McKeesport, PA. The church is built on solid biblical teaching and has been led by Pastor Kevin Labby since February 2021. First Free exists to guide people into becoming healthy followers of Christ and has the vision to see people experience God’s life changing power and love, grow in community, and live out His truth daily. First Free gathers for worship each week at 10:45 AM and will move into a new worship space in the summer of 2022. The church averages 450 each week and anticipates continued growth after the completion of their $1.4 million dollar renovation. They are meeting in-person weekly and live-streaming on both Facebook and Youtube.
The church is seeking the right candidate to lead as the new Pastor of Worship & Creative Arts. The right candidate will have the ability to effectively provide direction, leadership, and implementation of the Worship Ministry through excellent Sunday services, vision casting, and leadership development. The Pastor of Worship & Creative Arts will work closely with the Lead Pastor and the Elder Board to fulfill their role. Below are the Qualifications and Responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
- The ideal candidate will be humble and collaborative.
- The ideal candidate will be theologically compatible, knowledgeable, and sound.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in leading/developing congregational worship.
- The ideal candidate will be able to recruit, train, and coach musicians and vocalists.
- The ideal candidate will be able to arrange and lead music in a variety of styles.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable with ProPresenter, click tracks, and other tools.
- The ideal candidate will be an innovative, visionary leader.
- The ideal candidate will have 2 to 5 years of full time worship leading experience.
- Regularly and personally lead musical portions of worship.
- Develop and lead vocal and instrumental ensembles.
- Support for musical aspects of various ministries, weddings, and funerals, etc.
- Help develop and occasionally assist with musical aspects of church ministries (children’s, student’s and seniors in particular).
- Help integrate children and students into worship services as appropriate.
- Ensure distraction-free worship services and events of technical excellence.
- Recruit, train, and oversee a fully-staffed team of musicians in support of worship.
- Recruit and train team members to assist with special events and special services (Christmas Fest, Spring Sing and Such, etc.).
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Schedule and plan rehearsals and worship services.
- Schedule and plan worship decor and arrangements.
- Maintain up-to-date team communications and schedules.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all musical assets.
- Maintain an up-to-date maintenance/replacement schedule for all worship and event assets (ex. piano tuning, etc.).
- Ensure quality worship visuals (song lyrics, etc.) in conjunction with the Director of Technical Arts and Lead Pastor’s Assistant.
- Ensure the proper care and security of all musical assets.
Reports to: Lead Pastor, Kevin Labby
Do not contact the church directly.